How the lottery works
Playing the lottery
The Western Isles Lifestyle Lottery has been created to:
- Improve the aesthetics throughout the Western Isles to provide a more pleasing environment for residents and attract tourism;
- Upgrade current facilities around the Islands for the benefit of all;
- Provide additional recreational activities and events throughout the Western Isles;
- Encourage and enable the participation of those residing in the Western Isles, and to foster their inclusive support, in an upgrading of their environment;
- Embrace the extensive multi-national cultures of those families who have relocated to reside in the Western Isles by seeking their views and by making decisions in the planning of all recreational aspects of Island life to support integration and social cohesion;
- Create employment through innovative projects where at all possible.
Tickets for the lottery cost just £1 per week. Players can buy as many tickets as they wish and can choose their own numbers or select a lucky dip. There will be 3 guaranteed winners each week. The size of the guaranteed prizes will depend upon the tickets sold that week.
There will be a draw every Saturday night when the three winning tickets will be picked.
The full list of prizes below:
|Prize Tier||Amount||Example Prize - 5,000 tickets||Example Prize - 20,000 tickets|
|1||20% of ticket sales||£1,000||£4,000|
|2||3% of ticket sales||£150||£600|
|3||2% of ticket sales||£100||£400|
How we helpThe lottery is our way of putting the fun in fundraising. For every £1 ticket you buy, 55% goes directly towards supporting the Western Isles. To put this in perspective, when you play the National Lottery, 25% goes to good causes - we've more than doubled the ticket percentage! You can see a breakdown of how your £1 is spent below.
If you have any questions please get in touch: [email protected].